Free Software I've Worked On
I wrote a free UUCP package.
It is known as Taylor UUCP or GNU UUCP. The
current version is 1.07, released in June 2003. From here you can read
a short description
or the documentation,
or you can download
I was the GNU
Binutils maintainer from 1996 to 1999. I did a great deal of work
on the binutils. Some of the larger items were:
- I rewrote the guts of the linker.
- I added support for parsing and converting debugging information.
- I added support for the PowerPC to the assembler and other tools,
including support for XCOFF to the linker.
- I added SunOS shared library support, and worked extensively on
ELF shared library support.
- I wrote the nlmconv and windres programs.
I have done a lot of work on the GNU
Compiler Collection. I am currently a middle-end maintainer.
Some specific work I've done:
- I brought the initial MIPS R4000 support into gcc, and I wrote the
initial MIPS16 support.
- I was the fixincludes maintainer for a few years.
- I wrote the first version of the reload CSE pass.
I've contributed patches to a number of other free software
- autoconf (I
was one of the first beta testers, and added support for generating a
- automake (I
added support for conditionals).
- CVS (I added support for sending
diffs across the network, and helped eliminate the last uses of RCS,
among many other optimizations).
- GDB (many minor
- Newlib (among other
things, I wrote the single precision versions of the floating point
routines, which were later picked up by several other libraries).
- RTEMS (I wrote the NE2000
- PostgreSQL (I added support
for %TYPE to PL/pgSQL).
(I added support for tail -f on multiple files).
I wrote the initial version of the 64-bit
PowerPC ELF ABI Supplement, which is used for 64-bit PowerPC
Ian Lance Taylor / firstname.lastname@example.org